Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Portrait of Matthys

Two years ago, I was commissioned to do conceptual portraits of a filmmaker friend of mine, Matthys Boshoff, and his associate.The plan was to use the illustrated portraits as their profile pictures on the website. In addition to interviewing them, they mailed me personality assessments of each other. Some of it was hilarious and some of it very real - one's oddities and weaknesses cannot be hidden from someone you work so closely with. I was given creative freedom to blend their interests, personalities, passions and eccentricities into conceptual portraits that would characterize them. It was a delightful project and I was very happy with the result.

And now, Matthys has won an award for a short film he directed! Below is the portrait, an interview
with him and a link to a trailer of his short film, "Vlees van my vlees." Well done Matthys!






No comments:

Post a Comment